The mission of the Oviatt Library is to support the diverse information needs of our academic community through the delivery of relevant library resources and services, partnerships with CSUN faculty and staff in the education of our students, and the development of information competence and research skills that will prepare students for lifelong success in the digital age.
We envision the Oviatt Library as:
- Providing a dynamic and comfortable space for study and teaching that is conducive to different types of learning styles, including quiet study and collaborative interactions;
- Supporting technology and delivery methods that ensure efficient access to information resources;
- Investing in information resources that foster critical thinking, information competence, and knowledge creation; and
- Supporting library faculty and staff who will ensure excellence in information literacy instruction and collection management, encourage diversity in its many forms, and assist in the discovery of relevant information resources.
- Support teaching and learning for our faculty and students
- Provide efficient access to scholarly information
- Deliver effective instruction toward information competence
- Offer responsive and respectful service to our user community
- Provide a comfortable library environment
- Ensure positive and transparent communication
- Support an appreciation of diversity and creativity
- Adopt technology to achieve effective delivery of services and access to information resources
- Collaborate with others across campus to support research, teaching, and learning