The Oviatt Library provides access to approximately 400 workstations in support of research and learning at California State University, Northridge. Most of the workstations are restricted to current CSUN student, faculty and staff. Visitor stations are clearly marked and may be used by the general public, however priority is given to students, faculty & staff, and those using U.S. and California Government Depository materials when there are no other work stations available.
- The Collaboratory: a 170-seat general purpose student lab; access is restricted to current CSUN students, faculty & staff. The Library also manages a 40-station student lab in Sierra Hall 392 (Sierra Hall lab closed during the summer) .
- Reference Room (Main Floor): approximately 100 Internet stations. Access is restricted to current CSUN students, faculty & staff except for a limited number of Visitor stations
- Library Instruction Labs A, B, C: located on the main floor. These computers are available for individual student use whenever a class is not being held.
- Reserves, Periodicals & Microform (fourth floor, east wing). Access is restricted to current CSUN students, faculty & staff.
- Music & Media (second floor, east wing). Access is restricted to current CSUN students, faculty & staff.
- A limited number of Visitor stations are available on each floor at the entrance to the stacks.
Printing is available in the Reference Room and the Collaboratory, and requires the use of a debit card. Debit cards may be purchased at the West Coast Copy office, Oviatt 111D, and from the first floor, Reference Area, and third floor, Collaboratory vending machines.
Laptops & Wireless Access
- Wireless access to the campus network, and the Internet, is available throughout the building. See instructions on how to connect.
- 30 wireless-enabled laptops are available for 2-hour in-Library checkout from the Collaboratory
The use of these labs is subject to the University Policy for Use of Computing Resources