- Reserve Requests should be received at least 5 working days in advance of assignments to ensure that materials will be ready. This processing period is especially critical during the first six weeks of each semester. Request lists are date/time stamped as received and processed strictly on a first come, first served basis.
- Use of reserve materials must be in accordance with Oviatt Library Course Reserves Copyright Policy. Items that exceed fair use guidelines may be eligible for copyright clearance. See Reserves, Periodicals and Microform staff for details.
- A separate form is required for each course or reserve location.
A special note on accessibility:
- "It is the policy of the CSU to make information technology resources and services accessible to all CSU students, faculty, staff and the general public regardless of disability." For more information, see: http://www.calstate.edu/accessibility/
- If you have any students who may have special needs that may require additional processing to allow them to use the reserve materials, please inform Reserves staff upon submission of reserve requests in person, by phone at (818) 677-3282, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are making every effort to provide accessible reserve items. However, please contact the Reserves, Periodicals and Microform department immediately if you are informed by any student that a reserve item in its present format is not useable.
To place materials on reserve:
Complete the Online Reserve Request Form and submit it via the web. Alternatively, you can complete the Printable Form, print it out, and submit it along with the materials to the appropriate reserve desk locations listed below.
For books and/or e-books not available in the Oviatt Library collection:
Enter "Please order" and provide the ISBN number in the Call Number column.
This order process may take several weeks. Please note that you will be notified when the materials have arrived or if any issues arise.
Articles or book chapters for electronic reserves not available online:
- Photocopy appropriate pages (please follow copyright guidelines).
- Fill out Printable Form.
- Deliver to appropriate reserve desk location (see below).
- You will receive course password at drop-off.
- We will notify you if any processing issues arise or when materials are uploaded and ready.
Electronic files, links, or citations (electronic resources only):
- Complete the Online Reserve Request Form or Printable Form.
- Email files, links, or citations to email@example.com. Alternatively, bring a USB thumb drive to the reserve desk location (see below).
- We will notify you if any issues arise.
- Course password will be provided when materials are uploaded and ready.
If you have any questions or need to submit your reserves through a method not listed above, please feel free to contact any reserve desk location staff listed below:
Reserve desk locations
Oviatt Library Fourth Floor East
Oviatt Library Lower Level
Oviatt Library Second Floor