To place Library materials on reserve:
Complete the Online Reserve Request Form and submit it via the web. Alternatively, you can complete the Printable Reserve Request Form, print it out, and submit it to one of the locations listed below.
To request reserve materials not listed in the Oviatt Library catalog:
Complete the Online Reserve Request Form and submit it via the web. Materials not listed in the Oviatt Library catalog may be rush ordered by noting "Please order," and providing the ISBN number if possible, in the Call Number column. This order process may take several weeks. We will notify the instructor when the materials have arrived.
To place instructor copies of materials on reserve:
To place materials on electronic reserve:
If you have a paper copy of the materials, you can do either of the following:
- Complete, print out, and submit the Printable Reserve Request Form, with the materials, to the Reserves, Periodicals & Microform desk, 4th floor, East wing of the Library.
- Send the printed request form and the materials via intercampus mail – our mail code is 8326.
If you have an electronic copy of the materials, you can do either of the following:
- Complete the Online Reserve Request Form and submit it via the web, and email the materials to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the document is too large to email you can always load it onto a flash drive and bring it to Reserves, Periodicals & Microform so we can download it. We are on the 4th floor, East wing of the Library. Give us a call at x3282 so we know you are coming.
Please see the Submission Guidelines for Electronic Reserves for more information.
Library-owned materials or instructors' personal copies may be placed on reserve using the Printable Reserve Request Form at three Oviatt Library locations:
Oviatt Library Fourth Floor East
Oviatt Library Lower Level
Oviatt Library Second Floor
- Reserve Requests should be received at least 5 working days in advance of assignments to ensure that materials will be ready. This processing period is especially critical during the first six weeks of each semester. Request lists are date/time stamped as received and processed strictly on a first come, first served basis.
- Use of reserve materials must be in accordance with Oviatt Library Course Reserves Copyright Policy.
- A separate form is required for each course or reserve location.