Asian American Databases
For magazine, newspaper, and journal articles about Asian Americans, including history, try these databases.
Frequently Used Electronic Reference Books
- Britannica Online
- Gale Virtual Reference Center -- over 100 encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources.
- Government Reference Sources
- Oxford Art Online (includes Grove Art)
- Oxford Music Online (includes Grove Music)
- Literature Resource Center -- provides one-search access to Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism Select, the Dictionary of Literary Biography, and Merriam-Webster's Encyclopedia of Literature.
Supported by a donation from The SAGE Society.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy -- a dynamic encyclopedia in which each author has electronic access to update entries.
- West's Encyclopedia of American Law
- Encyclopedia of the modern Middle East & North Africa
- Encyclopedia Of American Religions
- Sage eReference –- access to over 80 online encyclopedias and handbooks primarily in the social sciences.
AAS Reference Books
Specific reference books found in the Oviatt Library:
- Asian American almanac. (Reference Room, E184.O6 A8423 1st ed. 1995)
- Asian American encyclopedia. (Reference Room, E184.O6 A827 1995 v.1 - v.6)
- Asian American genealogical sourcebook. (Reference room, E184.O6 A828 1995)
- Asian American history and culture : an encyclopedia. (Reference Room E184.A75 A8287 2010)
- Asian Americans information directory. (Reference Room, E184.O6 A844 1st ed. 1992)
- Asian American media reference guide. (Reference Room, PN1993.45 .A84 1986)
- Asian American novelists: a bio-bibliographical critical sourcebook. (Reference Room, PS153.A84 A825 2000)
- Asian-American poets: a bio-bibliographical critical sourcebook. (Reference Room, PS153.A84 A826 2002)
- Asian American writers. (Reference Room, PS153.A84 A845 2005)
- Dictionary of Asian American history. (Reference Room, E184.O6 D53 1986)
- Distinguished Asian Americans: a biographical dictionary. Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1999. (Reference Room, E184.O6 D57 1999)
- Distinguished Asian American political and governmental leaders. (Reference Room, E184.O6 N35 2002
- Encyclopedia of Asian American folklore and folklife. (Reference Room, GR111.A75 E63 2011)
- Encyclopedia of Asian-American literature. (Reference Room, PS153.A84 O37 2007)
- Encyclopedia of minorities in American politics. (Reference Room, E184.A1 E574 2000 v.1-v.2)
- Ethnic quilt: population diversity in Southern California. (Reference Room, F867 .A45 1997)
- Gale encyclopedia of multicultural America. (Reference Room, E184.A1 G14 1995 v.1-v.2. Also available online as an e-book - check online catalog for access.)
- Handbook of Asian American Psychology. (2nd floor, E184.A75 H36 2007)
- New face of Asian Pacific America: numbers, diversity, and change in the 21st century. (Reference Room, E184.O6 L35 2003)
- Scholarships for Asian-American Students. (Reference Room, LB2338 .S353 2003).
- Statistical Record of Asian Americans. (Reference Room, E184.O6 A73 1993)