Anthropology Resources Short list
Art Resources: Short list
- Art Full Text (H.W. Wilson)Art Full Text (H.W. Wilson)
- Art Index (H.W. Wilson)Art Index (H.W. Wilson)
- Art Index Retrospective (H.W. Wilson)Art Index Retrospective (H.W. Wilson)
- Bibliography of the History of Art (Getty)Bibliography of the History of Art (Getty)
- JSTOR Art & Art HistoryJSTOR Art & Art History
- Oxford Art OnlineOxford Art Online
- Humanities Full Text (H.W. Wilson)Humanities Full Text (H.W. Wilson)
- JSTOR ArchaeologyJSTOR Archaeology
- JSTOR Architecture & Architectural HistoryJSTOR Architecture & Architectural History
- JSTOR Classical StudiesJSTOR Classical Studies
- Berg Fashion Library
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)eBook Collection (EBSCO)
Developing a Search Strategy
- Once you have chosen a topic, write it down in the form of a question or brief statement:
What was the influence of the Ottoman Empire on the art & architecture in Venice?
- Underline the key words and phrases that are most specific to your topic.
What is the relationship between Ottoman and Venice?
- Write down each key word or phrase, and underneath it, list synonyms or related terms.
Use a dictionary or thesaurus to find additional keywords. For example:
|Turkish Turk||Northern Italy||painting architecture sculpture|
- Think about the singular, plural, and other endings of words and write down the root of the word.
Art Architecture arts artists church churches basilica
- Write down your key words and phrases along with their synonyms in the form of a Boolean search statement. Use the root word, and truncate it with an asterisk (*). Note: Different databases use different truncation or wildcard symbols. Check the database's help page. For example:
(Art or painting or sculpture) and (turk* or ottoman) and (church* basilica)