- Guide to reference and information sources in plant biology (Learning Commons - Z5351 .G85 2006)
- Using the biological literature: a practical guide (Learning Commons - QH303.6 .D38 2002) - Plant Biology section (pages 271-316)
Identify keywords and terms and develop a search strategy:
- Developing a search strategy
- Tips for keyword and subject searching
- Use Boolean searching and truncation in a database search to focus results
Google Scholar -- Searches for scholarly materials such as peer-reviewed articles, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and reports across many disciplines and sources. On your first visit, set Google Scholar preferences: select "Settings," click “Library Links” on left menu, type "CSUN" in the box “Show library access links…” and click Find Library; check the box next to "CSU, Northridge - SFX Find It at CSUN;" and click the Save button.