- National Institutes of Health
- NIST Chemistry WebBook
- RCSB Protein Data Bank
- Library Catalog -- search the library catalog for books, journal titles, media and other materials
- Credo Reference -- search over 240 reference works, including encyclopedias, dictionaries, biographies and books of quotations
- Gale Virtual Reference Library -- search over 100 encyclopedias, almanacs and specialized reference sources
Many biochemistry books are available on Permanent Reserve (on the fourth floor, east wing) at call numbers QD 415 and QP 514.2.
- Concepts in biochemistry (QD415 .B69 2006 - Reserve Desk)
- Lehninger principles of biochemistry (QD415 .L44 2008 - Reserve Desk) [3rd and 4th editions also available] NOTE: The textbook publisher provides supplemental material as well as online quizzes and other study tools for the the latest four editions of the textbook. All that is required is free registration using one's email address.
Biochemistry titles are located in the call number sections beginning with QD 415 and QH 345 located on the 3rd floor of the library. Search inside books at the NCBI Bookshelf and Google Book Search and check for availability in our catalog.
You can search the library catalog by Journal title by selecting the Journals tab.
- The Oviatt Library subscribes to nearly 2,100 print and over 57,000 online periodicals, which include research journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- Select the optional checkbox to search electronic periodicals only.
NOTE: The Library catalog offers title searching for periodicals, but not for specific articles. For access to periodical articles, search the databases listed on the Library's Databases by Subject page.