Browsing: General books about careers and job-hunting are located in call numbers HF5380-5383. Below are a few books specifically about careers in human development. All are located on the second floor unless otherwise noted. Books in the Reference Room cannot be borrowed, but portions can be photocopied.
- Careers in child care / Marjorie Eberts, Margaret Gisler. HQ778.5 .E24 2001
- Careers in psychology : opportunities in a changing world / Tara L. Kuther, Robert D. Morgan. BF76 .K87 2004
- Careers in social and rehabilitation services / Geraldine Garner. HV10.5 .G39 2001 Reference Room
- Careers for caring people & other sensitive types / Adrian Paradis ; revised by Luisa Gerasimo. HV10.5 .P368 2003
- Careers for kids at heart & others who adore children / Marjorie Eberts, Margaret Gisler HQ778.7.U6 E24 2000
- Career opportunities in education / Susan Echaore-McDavid. LB1775.2 .E33 2001 Reference Room
- Childbirth education : practice, research and theory / Francine H. Nichols, Sharron Smith Humenick. RG973 .N53 2000 third floor
- Critical issues in early childhood professional development / edited by Martha Zaslow and Ivelisse Martinez-Beck. LB1775.6 .C745 2006
- The helping professions : a careers sourcebook / William R. Burger, Merrill Youkeles ; with Fred B. Malamet, Franceska Blake Smith, Charles Guigno. HV10.5 .B85 2000
- The home visitor's guidebook: promoting optimal parent & child development / Carol S. Klass HQ755.7 .K59 2003
- Opportunities in teaching careers / Janet Fine LB1775 .F55 2005
- Preparing early childhood professionals : NAEYC's standards for programs / Marilou Hyson, editor. LB1732.3 .N37 2003
- Professional development and management for therapists [electronic resource] : an introduction / editors, Elizabeth Murray and Jill Simpson. 2000
- Teaching young children : an introduction to the early childhood profession / Margaret B. Puckett, Deborah Diffily LB1775.6. P83 2004
- What social workers do / by Margaret Gibelman. HV91 .G447 2004
Searching: Use the Library Catalog to find specific books on any topic. Start with a KEYWORD search, e.g. teaching career*. The asterisk is a truncation symbol used to search for various endings of a root word, e.g. singular and plural forms. For books about careers working with children, try a SUBJECT search using official Library of Congress subjects: Child care workers, Child care services, Child care, Vocational guidance, Occupations.
Recommend Books & Videos
The Oviatt Library is always looking for materials to add to its collection. If you discover a book that would support assignments in this or other CADV courses, please forward this information (title and author) to email@example.com.
Also, if you find a high-quality video or DVD about child or adolescent development, please let us know. Use the online Video/DVD Purchase Recommendation Form and include distributor information, if possible.