Too many results?
- Limit by date
- Replace your keywords with more specific terms
- Use a narrower educational level or age group
Too few results?
- Search for fewer concepts
- Add synonyms to your keywords, linked by OR
- Use Descriptors or Subjects to find more articles similar to ones you've found
Scholarly Journals (Peer-reviewed/Referreed)
- Authors are authorities in their fields.
- Authors cite their sources in endnotes, footnotes, or bibliographies.
- Individual issues have little or no advertising.
- Articles must go through a peer-review or refereed process.
- Articles are usually reports on scholarly research.
- Illustrations usually take the form of charts and graphs.
- Articles use jargon of the discipline.
Access Databases from Off Campus
Only current CSUN students, faculty and staff can access our databases from off campus. To access the databases from off campus, click the name of the database. You will then see a screen asking you to log in, using your CSUN User ID and password (the same ID and password you use to log in to the portal).
Ask a Librarian
At reference desk most hours the library is open.