Assignment: Find a scholarly, peer reviewed article pertaining to a communication disorder you have a particular interest in. Your assignment is to provide a citation of the article using APA style bibliographic form, along with a paragraph-long summary of the article. Submit the summary via email wduring the classtime today. No late assignments will be accepted.
Library Research Resources for Language Development in Children
Scholarly Journals (Peer-reviewed/Referreed)
- Authors are authorities in their fields.
- Authors cite their sources in endnotes, footnotes, or bibliographies.
- Individual issues have little or no advertising.
- Articles must go through a peer-review or refereed process.
- Articles are usually reports on scholarly research.
- Illustrations usually take the form of charts and graphs.
- Articles use jargon of the discipline.
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (print version)
- Sample Style Sheet for APA Bibliographic Citatons (PDF) by Dr. Karin Durán
- Sample APA-Style Annotated Bibliography (PDF) by Dr. Karin Durán
- APA Style Guide (PDF) by Eric Garcia
- APA - Frequently Asked Questions
- Electronic Reference Formats Recommended by the American Psychological Association.
- APA Style Resources
Communication Disorders Databases
Our new discovery tool, OneSearch, searches 150 databases simultaneously, but there are times you want to use the native interface of our databases. For example, in the case of PubMed, this is a free database you can continue to use after you graduate. In the case of CINAHLPlus you have more control over refining your search strategy.