What's an Annotated Bibliography?
Types of Information Sources
Evaluating Sources with CRAAP
Currency - When was it published? For websites, when was the last revision? Does your topic require the most current information?
Relevancy - How well does it relate to your topic? Who is the intended audience? Does this satisfy your information need?
Authority - Who is the author? What are the author's credentials or affiliations? Are they qualified to write on this topic?
Accuracy - Where does the information come from? Is the information supported by evidence? Does the author cite their sources?
Purpose - Is the purpose to inform, sell, entertain or persuade the reader? Is the information fact, opinion or propaganda? Can you identify any bias?
Developing a Search Strategy
Types of Articles
Research Therapy: Evaluating Websites
Computer Science Databases
- IEEE XPloreIEEE XPlore
- INSPEC (Engineering Village)INSPEC (Engineering Village)
- Safari Tech Books OnlineSafari Tech Books Online
- ACM Digital Library
- Web of Science
- Computer Database (Gale)Computer Database (Gale)
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier)ScienceDirect (Elsevier)
- Wiley Online LibraryWiley Online Library
- Synthesis (Morgan & Claypool)
- Compendex (Engineering Village)Compendex (Engineering Village)
- Oviatt Library CatalogOviatt Library Catalog
How to Find Books & Articles with OneSearch
Watch this video to learn how to find books and articles using that big search box in the library's homepage.