|The following library and Internet resources are geared toward the research needs of CSUN students taking Communication Studies 321: Rhetorical Discourse.|
- Choosing the best resources to use for research involves several factors, including assignment requirements, currency of the research topic, and the depth of coverage needed.
Periodical articles (magazines, newspapers, trade publications, and scholarly journals) are excellent sources of current and/or specific information for informative and persuasive speeches.
- What is a Scholarly Article? (Video)
- Library databases allow you to search for keywords using And, Or, Not Logic to help you identify relevant articles.
- Additional help with library research techniques can be found on the Oviatt Library's Research Strategies web site.
- Take a virtual tour of the Oviatt Library!