|The following library and Internet resources are geared toward the research needs of CSUN Communication Studies majors taking COMS 321: Rhetorical Discourse.|
- Deciding which type of resource to use for research involves several factors, including assignment requirements, currency of the research topic, and the depth of coverage needed.
- Periodical articles (magazines, newspapers, trade publications, and scholarly journals) are excellent sources of current and/or specific information for rhetorical writing.
- What is a Scholarly Article? (Video)
- Library databases allow you to search for keywords using And, Or, Not Logic and trucation to help you identify relevant periodical articles, books, and other resources.
- Developing a Search Strategy leads to better results in library databases and Internet resources.
- For a complete list of available databases, see Databases by Subject or Databases A-Z.
- Library databases and other electronic resources can also be Accessed from off Campus.