The goals of this library session are to introduce the class to using the citation manager program, EndNoteWeb.
Consult the CTVA Librarian Lindsay Hansen's Guide for your class, especially section on Databases at
The following are Export directions for some of the databases listed as CTVA databases
Project Muse: Export bibliographic information to EndNoteWeb
1. Search for the desired item.
2. Mark the records you want to export by clicking Save citation in the right hand column
3. Above the results page, click the Save Marked Records button.
4. At the top right side of the page, click the View Saved Results link.
5. In the new screen, the items you want to export are displayed. As of 9/12/2012 there is an Option 2 Export EndNote, click on the Export
6. A new window appears prompting you to open, save. Click on OPEN. On an Oviatt Library computer, if you are already logged into your EndNoteWeb account, the citation will be exported into your EndNoteWeb account. If you have not open EndNoteWeb yet, you will be asked to
7. Login to EndNote Web.
8. If Open is not available, Save file instead. On an Oviatt Library computer save it to the temporary T drive
9. In your EndNoteWeb account, Under Collect tab, select Import References.
9. Click Browse to locate the file you saved on the T drive
10. Under Filter, select RIS.
11. Select the group where you would like the citation to be placed, then hit Import.
EbscoHost databases: Direct Export to EndNoteWeb
Citing your sources EndNote Web
- Learn how to sign up and use Endnote Web . You can import bibliographic records from a variety of resources to create your own personal database of articles, books, websites. Use EndNote Web to collect, manage, and create a bibliography or works cited list from your citations.
Registration is free while you are a student. First time, to sign up for your EndNoteWeb account, you can connect directly to http://library.csun.edu/restricted/endnote.scr. In addition to asking Marcia Henry and other librarians for help, Endnote Web will also answer your questions about installing the Cite While you Write plugin for Microsoft Word on your own computer. If you install Cite While You Write plugin on your own computer in your MicroSoft Word, be sure to set Preferences so it goes to the url:
on your own computer you can put in the working email address you used to sign up with EndNoteWeb, your password, and check Keep me logged in.
Tutorials for Endnote Web are provided at library.csun.edu/FindResources/i-Endnoteweb
Endnote Web technical support's telephone number is (800)336-4474
Call Monday-Friday 6:00am-5:00 pm (Pacific Coast Time)