Selected Source for Employment Websites
Suggested websites to help with career planning.
- American's Career InfoNet
- Career Center - University of California, Berkeley
- Career Guide for Job Searches - U.S. News and World Report
- Career Guide to Industries
- Exploring Career Information
- Fastest growing Careers
- Job Hunters Bible
- JobStar Central
- Los Angeles Public Library Internet Guide--Jobs and Career
- Occupational Information Network (O*Net)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- ONet Online
- Wall Street Journal - Careers
- Vault Online Career Library
Career Counseling - California Department of Education
- "Many schools have programs that support students. Counseling may be academic, college, or career. Mental health counseling may also be included. Some counseling programs may be for a special group of students like pregnant and parenting students."
- "The State Center Consortium and its partners want to give students the strongest base upon which to build their college and career lives. The Consortium partners are encouraging individuals to reach higher levels of academic excellence in order to equip themselves for success and competition in the future."
Office of Vocational and Adult Education - U.S. Department of Education
- "College and career guidance and counseling programs aim to help students make more informed and better educational and career choices. Among other things, programs offer information on high school course offerings, career options, the type of academic and occupational training needed to succeed in the workplace, and postsecondary opportunities that are associated with their field of interest. Programs also often provide teachers, administrators, and parents with information they can use to support students' career exploration and postsecondary educational opportunities."
National Organizations & Associations
- Supports school counselors' efforts to help students focus on academic, personal/social, and career development.
- Offers publications, access to professional liability insurance, discounts on workshops, conferences, books, and more.
- Keeps career counselors and coaches, job search trainers, and human resource professionals in touch with each other through its publications, workshops, and conferences.
- Advances the state role in the workforce system. Invests in training and professional development. Leads in coordinating local, state, and federal roles. It is an organization of state administrators of unemployment insurance laws, employment services, training programs, employment statistics and labor market information, and other programs and services provided through the publicly-funded state workforce system.
- Offer professional development resources for career counselors, and helps job seekers to find a licensed career counselor.
- Provides advocacy, awareness, and career advancement for professionals in the fields of rehabilitation and services for people with disabilities.
- Promotes, supports, and strengthens community-oriented rehabilitation services and resources for persons with psychiatric disabilities.