Below are databases recommended for locating journals articles in ECE. When accessing these databases from off-campus, a valid CSUN ID and password are required. Each can be accessed from Databases A-Z on the Library's homepage.
- PsycINFO -– the premiere database for psychology and related fields, produced by the American Psychological Association. 98% of articles are from peer-reviewed journals. Coverage dates back to the 1800s. For more information about PsycINFO, see http://www.apa.org/psycinfo/.
- ERIC – Educational Resources Information Center, produced by the U.S. Department of Education, the premiere database for education and related fields. ERIC is available through the CSA and EBSCO interfaces.
- Education Index with Full Text on WilsonWeb -- another database for education topics.
- Health Reference Center Academic -- a collection of general interest health and fitness magazines, medical and professional periodicals, reference books and pamphlets.
- PubMed/MEDLINE -- the premiere database for medicine, allied health fields, and life sciences, produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed now includes some links to full text articles and related resources.
- RAND California is sponsored by RAND, a leading think tank. Excellent database for local data, including population demographics, child abuse, AFDC and TANF payments, K-12+ education, etc. Click the Statistics link, then a category to search. Format tables with data at the level of individual schools, districts, zip codes, counties, statewide, and/or national.
- Social Services Abstracts -- covers social work, human services, social welfare, social policy, etc.