CSUN WordmarkOviatt Library Wordmark

Educational Psychology & Counseling: School Psychology


The School Psychology specialization is designed for the individual who wishes to become a school psychologist. Applicants without an earned master's degree in counseling (or a closely related field) should apply for the master's degree program in School Psychology. This is a three-year, year-round, full-time program that requires 1,650 hours (450 hours of fieldwork and 1,200 hours of internship).

School psychologists are typically hired to work in public school settings, though they may also work in private schools and (with additional experience and licensure as a Licensed Educational Psychologist) in individual practice settings