The Library has a Web page on writing style (including APA) for quick reference: Online Citation Style Guides. In addition, there are many books to help you write and format your papers in APA style. The best-known is the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, BF76.7.P83 2001. Copies are available for use in the library at various locations, including the first floor Reference Room shelves, fourth floor Reserve Room shelves, and Reserve Desk. Other useful books are:
- Concise rules of APA style BF76.7 .C66 2005 behind Reference Desk. This easy-to-use pocket guide, at $26.95 is less expensive than other formats http://www.apastyle.org/
- World's easiest guide to using the APA BF76.7.A52 2002 Reference Room shelves
Starting Your Thesis?
Students beginning work on a thesis or graduate project are encouraged to use these resources:
- Browse copies of masters theses and projects produced by previous CSUN students. EPC department theses and projects are located on the second floor in call number LB 2369 .Z953, then grouped by year of graduation. You can also do a SUBJECT search in the Library catalog using this phrase: Dissertations, Academic--CSUN--Education--Educational Psychology and Counseling.
- Read the Masters Thesis guidelines published by the CSUN Office of Graduate Studies. This document is available online in two formats: Word and PDF.
- Read the EPC Student's Guide for the Culminating Experience (PDF)