1. Professional Resources And Government Information Including Statistics
- American Association of Community Colleges
- Statistical Abstracts of the United States
- U.S. Department of Education
- Books-- Search the online catalog
- Early Childhood and Parenting (ECAP) Collaborative
- ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center)
- Journal Indexes & CSUN Online Catalog
- Mental Measurement Yearbook Test Reviews Online -- Offers free publication information some tests available for purchase online
- Michael D. Eisner College of Education
- Michael D. Eisner College of Education Credential Office
- Statistics about Education
The CSUN Library collects publications of the United States Government and the State of California, including many dealing with education. The publications in this collection include laws, statistical compilations, research reports and bibliographies. Much of this information is now accessible through the internet. For assistance in using this collection or locating information on the internet, please ask at the Reference Desk.
2. Education Publications on the Internet
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Education Week (Online Magazine)
- English Teaching Forum (located on the site: American English for teachers and Learners of English as a Foreign Language Abroad)
3. Children and Young Adult Literature
- Booklists & Book Awards for Young Adults (American Library Association)
- Children's Notable Lists (American Library Association)
- Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Children's Videos
- Caldecott Award Winners (Picture Books)
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Medal
- Newbery Award Winners
Additionally, all Oviatt Library juvenile books can be found in the online catalog: Search the library catalog. The University's curriculum library for teachers of grades K-12 is located in the Teacher Curriculum Center (TCC). The TCC, located on the lower level of the Oviatt, is a resource library housing elementary and secondary textbooks; curriculum guides; children's and young adult's books; and kits. TCC materials are also included in the library's online catalog.
4. Curriculum Materials
- Great Web Sites for Kids (From the American Library Association)
- MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching)
- Quest! NASA's Technology and Literacy Page
5. Holidays and Festivals
6. Handbooks and Encyclopedias
- Educational Research; Methodology and Measurement: An International Handbook (LB 1028 E3184)
- Encyclopedia of Educational Research. 6th ed. 4v. (ref LB 15 E48)
- International Encyclopedia of Education: Research and Studies. 10v. (ref LB 15 I569)
- Concise Encyclopedia of Special Education. (ref LC 4007 E53)
- Gallaudet Encyclopedia of Deaf People and Deafness. 3v. (ref HV 2365 G35)
- Handbook of Reading Research. 2v. (LB 1050 h378)
- Handbook of Research on Teacher Education: A project of the Association of Teacher Educators. (ref LB 1715 h374)
- Handbook of Research on Teaching. 3rd ed. (ref LB 1028 H315 1986)
7. Master's Theses in Education
- Master's Theses in Education: Search the online catalog under the subject heading: Dissertations, Academic -- CSUN -- Education
9. Tests and Measures
- ETS Test Collection Catalog. (ref LB 3051 E79). Provides basic information, such as grade level, descriptors, abstract and availability source. Each volume highlights a particular subject area. Has author, test title, and subject indexes.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook. (ref BF 431.M549) Mental Measurements is the principal work on testing and measurement. It consists of descriptive information, references and critical reviews of commercially published English-language tests. Tests in Print Comprehensive is a bibliography to all known commercially available tests that are currently in print in the English language.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print [electronic resource] Ebscohost (1985-present). Provides a comprehensive guide to over 2,700 contemporary testing instruments. Offers evaluations of the latest assessments in education, psychology, business, law, healthcare, counseling, and management. In addition to test reviews, descriptions of the purpose, target population, administration, scores, price, author, and publisher for all listed tests are provided.
- Test Critiques. (ref BF 176 T419) Contains reviews of the most frequently used psychological, educational and business tests.