The following library and Internet resources are geared toward CSUN students who are studying the first amendment, freedom of the press, and related issues.
- Choosing the best resources to use for research involves several factors, including assignment requirements, currency of the research topic, and the depth of coverage needed.
- Periodical articles (magazines, newspapers, trade publications, and scholarly journals) are excellent sources of current and/or specific information for informative and persuasive speeches.
- What is a Scholarly Article? (Video)
- It's important to start with a Search Strategy to identify your topic's keywords.
- Library databases us And, Or, Not Logic and Truncation (*) to help you identify relevant articles.
- Additional help with library research techniques can be found on the Oviatt Library's Research Strategies web site.