Find Articles in Geography
- Find a Specific Article
- Find a Specific Journal
- Check Ulrich's to see if a journal is peer-reviewed/refereed
Popular General Databases:
Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) Multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles.
General OneFile (Gale) Indexes over 9,700 journals; full text to over 5,000 journals, 1980-
Visit the Map Library
Geography Map Library
171 Sierra Hall
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8249
Hours: M-Th (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m)
Closed on Friday
Phone: (818) 677-3465
Fax: (818) 677-7840
E-Books in Geography
General E-Book Collections
Find a Geography Book on the Shelves
Most Geography material is on the 2nd floor of the library in the G call number ranges:
- The Location field shows the general location of the book.
- Most general geography books are on the second floor.
- Stored books can be requested from the Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS).
- For other locations, check the location codes table.
- Check the Status field of the book's record in the catalog.
- IN LIBRARY - book is available for checkout.
- DUE + date - book has already been checked out.
- The Call # field gives the book's call number, which serves as the book's address in the library. Each row of books will have a sign at the end indicating which call numbers can be found on that row.