Using American FactFinder to Find Data by Zip Code
NOTE: The Census Bureau advises users that pop-up blocker software may affect American Factfinder in unusual ways. So, if you use a pop-up blocker, make sure it is turned off when you use American Factfinder.
Find the Zip Code: If unknown, an easy way to find the zip code or codes for an area is to look up a street address or city using Zip Code Lookup and then follow the instructions below to use American Factfinder to search for census data by zip code:
- Start on American FactFinder.
- Click on Geographies on the left-hand side and from the List tab, select 5-digit ZCTA (Zip Code Tabulation Area) from the "select a geographic type" pulldown menu in American FactFinder.
- Select the State of interest, select the 5-digit zip code tabulation area(s) of interest from the menu, and then click Add to Selections.
- You will see the zip codes under Your Selections at the top left. You can modify your selections at any time by clicking the X next to the criteria. When done selecting zip codes, close the Select Geographies window.
- You are now ready to enter additional criteria by selecting relevant Topics, Race and Ethnic Groups, or Industry Codes from the menus on the left-hand side to create your tables.
For more ways of searching for statistics by zip code, see Finding Statistics by Zip Code.