- National Center for Education Statistics early childhood through university
- Statistical Abstract of the United States enrollment, attainment, and expenditure data for all levels of education
- American Factfinder statistics by school district, state, county, large cities, etc.
- Education Data from Data.gov raw datasets for analysis
- The Nation's Report Card from the National Assessment of Educational Progress
- National Science Foundation, Division of Science Resources Statistics science and engineering education, elementary through university
- Bureau of Indian Education statistical information about schools within the Bureau of Indian Affairs
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition & Language Instruction Educational Programs
- America's Children: Key National Indicators of Child Well-Being
- Crime, violence, discipline, and safety in U.S. public schools: Findings from the School Survey on Crime and Safety: 2009-10 and ongoing reports from the School Surveys on Crime and Safety
- United States Department of Education
Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC)
ERIC includes both academic journals (peer reviewed) and government agency reports (not peer reviewed, but authoritative).
- ERIC (EBSCO) For statistics - type in key words to describe your topic, then scroll down to Publication Type and choose Numerical/Quantitative Data.
- ERIC (ProQuest) For statistics - type in key words to describe your topic, then scroll down to Document type and check 110 Numerical/quantitative Data.
- ERIC (US Department of Education - free; no log in needed)
Classroom and Parent Resources
- Kids.gov webguide with information and activities for children K-8
- Teachers' Educational Resources, USA.gov lesson plan resources from a wide range of government agencies (NASA, Library of Congress, Smithsonian, etc.)