Simple Seach and Databases
Search up to ten (10) Health Sciences databases simultaneously. Please note not all databases can be multisearched. Going directly into the databases will always give you more search options, but SimpleSearch is a good way to find out if your topics are covered in some key databases.
- Indexes over 900 health and allied health journals with full text articles in 686 journals, 1980-
- Offers Medline (currently indexing over 5,000 journals), several molecular biology and chemical databases. Some full text journals and books, 1950-
- Medline is also available to CSUN throughthe ISI Web of Knowledge and the Ovid interfaces.
- Indexes over 3,000 nursing and allied health journals, with cited references from 1,600 journals; provides full-text access to many journals and other sources, 1937-
Scholarly Journals (Peer-reviewed/Referreed)
- Authors are authorities in their fields.
- Authors cite their sources in endnotes, footnotes, or bibliographies.
- Individual issues have little or no advertising.
- Articles must go through a peer-review or refereed process.
- Articles are usually reports on scholarly research.
- Illustrations usually take the form of charts and graphs.
- Articles use jargon of the discipline.