Journal Review Assignment #1
The first Journal Review Assignment should address a very general substance use topic (e.g., performance enhancing drug use in professional sports; alcohol use among college students; the War on Drugs, etc.)
Select a peer-reviewed journal article that includes a general discussion of substance use in the United States (policy, trends, epidemiology, history) and write a two-page paper (double spaced) incorporating the following criteria:
- Read the entire article. You may need to read the article a few times before you get a full grasp of the contents.
- Write a summary of the article. Cite the title and author of the article in the introductory paragraph. Include the purpose for the article, how research was conducted, the results and other pertinent information from the article.
- Discuss the meaning or implication of the results of any findings if the article addresses a research study. Incorporate your opinion on the article, citing evidence from the article to support your position. Discuss any flaws with the article, how you think it could have been better and what you think it all means.
- Cite any direct quotes or paraphrases from the article.
- Include a Works Cited page using APA style formatting.