When looking for reviews you need to have the following information about the book:
- Year of Publication [this will determine which databases to use]
Things to keep in mind:
- Most books are never reviewed so don't be surprised if you cannot locate a review.
- There is a timelag before a review is published. This means it may be difficult to find reviews of very recent books.
- The earliest reviews are published in newspapers and in special review magazines for libraries such as Choice Online and Booklist. These reviews tend to be more descriptive and less substantive.
- Reviews in scholarly journals may not be published until 2 or 3 years later.