This course guide will assist you in researching a company's background, doing a SWOT analysis and finding research articles about problems/challenges related to information systems and business.
If you have additional questions, you can e-mail me at felicia.vertrees@csun or use the Ask a Librarian link below.
Group Project Report Guidelines
Your team (3-4 members) can choose any case in your textbook. You will write a report and create a presentation on this case and its company. Presentations are scheduled on the last two days of class and the report is due at the time of the presentation. You will present in order by group number. The report is worth 150 points and the presentation is worth 50 points.
Your group must choose a case by week three of the semester. Your professor must approve your topic so that duplicate presentations are avoided. Therefore, topics are approved on a first come, first served basis. You can email your case or two or three to me, and I will let you know if that case is still available,
- Cover page, and table of content with the title and group member's full names.
- Body of the report should be 10 to 12 pages double spaced with a 12 point font.
- At least 8 in-text citations in APA Style (see the APA Style guide for format).
- At least 8 references in APA Style (see the APA Style guide for format).
A. Executive Summary
B. Company Analysis
- Company History/Background Information/Problem/Issue with the company from Management Information Systems Perspective.
- Information Technology Solution for the Company
- SWOT (Strengths,Weaknesses, Opportunites, Threats) Case Analysis. (e.g. Analysis of WalMart Corporation)
- Benefit/gain from solution
- Answer all the questions
Ask a Librarian
At reference desk most hours the library is open.