Assignment from Dr. Sweeting
bring the following to the Library with you:
1. A typed list of your 5 research questions that have some connection to teaching/pedagogy in a movement setting;
2. Select any 3 out of the 5 questions and find one article (refereed, professional) that addresses that topic;
3. For each article, write the designated question on an index card and fasten it to the article;
4. Bring 2 (clean) copies of EACH of the three articles – one for you and one for me.
It will be important that you have begun to reflect on meaningful questions for investigation/research and how to narrow the topic down to one that can be used in a thesis or project.
example of questions:
. what are the benefits of giving diabetics nutrition advice?
2. how does time use effect children's learning in public pe classes?
3. low income vs high income school, who has the most quantity of obese children?
4. low income vs high income school, which has children active for a longer period of time?
5. Can nutrition advice to parents with diabetes benefit the childrens' eating habits?
Research Questions in process
- How do older adults learn (too broad)
- Concussions, exercise and the older adults – what can be done to maintain strength when a person has a concussion?
- Arthritis and exercise for individuals over 65 – besides water aerobics, what else is appropriate?
- Freirean Philosophy and Pedagogy for older adults. Should we develop this philosophy?
- How do physicians prescribe exercise to the older adult?
1 ) What are the positive and negative impacts of peer demonstrations in physical activity?
2 ) Can the constant visual feedback provided by mirrors be detrimental to the development of proprioception in young dance students?
( 2a) What are effective strategies for enhancing the proprioceptive aspect of dance training?
3 ) Do detailed corrections positively or negatively impact the self-efficacy of adult in novel physical activities?
4 ) How can demonstrations of motor tasks be used most effectively in the instruction of a motor skill?
5 ) Can group work enhance learning, motivation, and enjoyment in students of individually performed physical activities?