L. A. City Sources of Local Economic/Demographic Statistics
- Census 2000 data from the Demographic Research Unit Statistical Reports (City of Los Angeles Planning Department)
Data from Census 2000 by Los Angeles City community planning areas. See also the department's Local Area Statistics, which includes very basic census data from 2000 and 1990 plus more recent estimates at community, census tract, city council district, and area planning commission levels.
- Economic and Demographic Information (Los Angeles City Administrative Officer).
- Interactive City Maps (City of Los Angeles)
Links to LA GeoQuest and other mapping options
- Building Summaries (City of Los Angeles Planning Department)
Most data is available by region of Los Angeles City and/or Community Planning Area.
- Zip Code Map of the City of Los Angeles (PDF; City of Los Angeles Housing Dept.)
Map includes zip codes in the City of Los Angeles, including those for communities where mail uses the community name (e.g. Northridge) rather than Los Angeles.
- Residential Vacancy Data (City of Los Angeles Housing Dept.)
- Los Angeles Housing Department Map Room
Maps and data from the City of Los Angeles Housing Department
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power site includes:
Airport facts and statistics
Los Angeles International Airport (select News & Facts, then Statistics)
Van Nuys Airport (select News & Facts, then Statistics)
Port of Los Angeles facts and statistics
- Related resources for Los Angeles City
Mapping L.A. Neighborhoods (Los Angeles Times) both maps and provides demographic data about neighborhoods within the City of Los Angeles, including some comparisons to other neighborhoods in the city.