Using the engineering literature (Ebook - T10.7 .U85 2012eb) - Chapter 16: Mechanical Engineering
Identify keywords and terms and develop a search strategy:
- Developing a search strategy
- Tips for keyword and subject searching
- Use Boolean searching and truncation in a database search to focus results
Google Scholar -- Searches for scholarly materials such as peer-reviewed articles, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and reports across many disciplines and sources. On your first visit, set Google Scholar preferences: select "Settings," click “Library Links” on left menu, type "CSUN" in the box “Show library access links…” and search; check the box next to "CSU, Northridge - SFX Find It at CSUN;" and click the Save button.
- Advances in heat transfer
- Experimental thermal and fluid science: ETF science
- Frontiers in heat and mass transfer
- Heat and mass transfer
- International communications in heat and mass transfer
- International journal of heat and mass transfer
- International journal of thermal sciences
- Journal of heat transfer
- Journal of engineering physics and thermophysics
- Journal of thermophysics and heat transfer
You can search the library catalog by Journal title by selecting the Journals tab.
- The Oviatt Library subscribes to over 2,100 print and over 57,000 online periodicals, which include research journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- Select the optional checkbox to search electronic periodicals only.
NOTE: The Library catalog offers title searching for periodicals, but not for specific articles. For access to periodical articles, search the databases listed on the Library's Databases by Subject page.
EVALUATING RESEARCH ARTICLES
- Conducting research literature reviews: from the Internet to paper (Floor 4 - Q180.55 .M4 F56 2010)
- Evaluating research articles from start to finish (Floor 4 - Q180.55 .E9 G57 2011)
- How to read and understand a research study (Media Instructional DVDs - 12841)