The links to the individual databases will take you into the database's native interface which generally offers a lot more than the simple search interface. It's important to learn learn what is available in the databases native interfaces. OneSearch's simultaneous search of 150+ databases is a great way to identify that many articles and books, journals, videos may be available.; it should NOT be used as a substitute for going directly into CINAHLPlus and PubMed/Medline
Nursing SimpleSearch replaced by OneSearch
Nursing Databases Descriptions
- CINAHLPlus with Full Text Cumulative Index for Nursing and Allied Health Literature indexes several thousand nursing and allied health journals; 780 of them are full text journals, from 1937 to present Offers evidence based care sheets, includes bibliographies and thereby offers cited references searching for the journals it indexes.
- Cochrane is a collection of evidence based medical databases, with protocols, controlled trials, and full-text reviews. Access to the full text of the reviews is limited to 1 user at a time.
- OVIDJournals - with about 25 current journal subscriptions plus hundreds of Walter Kluwer older full text journals, the Ovid journals interface also offers a growing list of Lipponcott nursing books
MEDLINE database indexes 5000 medical and allied health journals. It's available from several vendors.
- PUBMED (NLM) indexes the medical literature including nursing. PubMed also provides access to additional relevant Web sites and links to the other NCBI molecular biology resources. PUBMed and the other related databases are freely available on the Internet so it is important for lifelong research. While you are a student at CSUN, Oviatt gives you access to over 52,000 journal subscriptions by using this URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?otool=cacsunlib
- MEDLINE (OVID) - OVID interface is often available in hospital libraries
- MEDLINE (ISI) - MEDLINE on ISI may be useful because it works well with Endnote Web