- Learn how to sign up and use Endnote Web . You can import bibliographic records from a variety of resources to create your own personal database of articles, books, websites. Use EndNote Web to collect, manage, and create a bibliography or works cited list from your citations.
Registration is free while you are a student. Connect to MEDLINE (ISI) , or you can connect directly to http://library.csun.edu/restricted/endnote.scr. In addition to asking Marcia Henry for help, Endnote Web will also answer your questions about installing the Cite While you Write plugin for Microsoft Word on your own computer. Tutorials for Endnote Web are provided at library.csun.edu/FindResources/i-Endnoteweb
Endnote Web technical support's telephone number is (800)336-4474
Call Monday-Friday 6:00am-4:30 pm (Pacific Coast Time)
Citation Formatting Tools
Citation managers are software that keep track of your sources and automatically format your citations in a variety of styles.
What is Plagiarism?
To plagiarize means to:
- Steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own;
- Use (another's production) without crediting the source;
- Commit literary theft;
- Present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.
(Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary definition of "plagiarize," retrieved June 20, 2005)
- APA Quick Guide (PDF) by Eric Garcia
- APA Style Guide (PDF) by Eric Garcia
- Citing Archival Materials in APA
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (print version)