To see if CSUN owns a journal, Please check both of the following:
- Library Catalog Periodical Title Search. To search for electronic periodicals only, check the "Search electronic periodicals only" checkbox.
To assist you in finding the journal articles, the CSUN list of Electronic Periodicals and bibliographic databases offer links. Periodical databases now provide full text access possibilities where the database is limited to citation or abstract.
If CSUN does not own the journal title you need, you may request articles using the Interlibrary Loan service at http://illiad.csun.edu/illiad/login/login.asp.
The following are journals assigned the subject heading Aging --periodicals which CSUN owns either in paper or electronically.
The following briefly list recommended Pan African Studies databases available through Oviatt Library Resources listed on Databases A-Z:
- AcademicSearch Elite (EbscoHost)
- Full-text and citations from journals and magazines, may limit to only search full-text, within a specific date range and peer reviewed journals
- "America: History and Life" or "Historical Abstracts"
- Index to scholarly literature on world history. It provides access to over 500,000 articles, books and disserations concerning the period from 1450 to the present day
- Ethnic News Watch
- Full-text database of selected newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic, minority and native press in the United States. Alternative to mainstream media so gives a different perspective (not scholarly publications)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (InfoTrac)
- Full-text and citations from journals and magazines, may limit to only search full-text, within a specific date range and refereed journals
- Publications that focus on the impact of gender across a broad spectrum of subject areas.
- Human Relations Area Files
- Data and publications on a variety of cultures world-wide.
- Location: Microfiche 4th Floor; Partially available on line through eHRAF |
- JStor Journal Storage Project
- Archival collection of scholarly articles from various academic displines, including JSTOR African American Studies and JSTOR African, the most recent articles are at least 2-5 years old.
- MLA International Bibliography
- Indexes 4000 journals and series in literature, languages, linguistics, and folklore, 1963-
- Project Muse
- A full-text resource of journal articles. It includes 167 full-text titles of scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences and mathematics from over 20 not-for-profit scholarly presses.
Using Metasearch to Find Pan African Studies Databases and Resources
A starter list of recommended databases and resources for Religious Studies can be found in MetaSearch. The category Pan African can be found in two (2) areas:MetaSearch and Find Database. Remember you will be able to customize MetaSearch, create your own lists of useful databases, electronic journals as well as save search strategies, create search alerts,and save retrieved records, but only when you Logon to Oviatt Library's MetaSearch with your 14 digit Barcode, which you had activated at the Library's Circulation Desk. Your 14 digit barcode is on your CSUN picture ID card. Logon also asks for your Last Name.
- If you want to search several databases simultaneously, select the MetaSearch link next to My Space. A list of categories will appear. Use the pull down menu under 2.Category choose Pan African Studies and find several searchable databases. You may select and search up to ten (10) databases simultaneously: Not all databases can be searched uisng the MetaSearch interface. Searching within the native interface of each databases offers more search refinements and access to the databases controlled vocabulary when available.
- A longer list of databases is available by selecting Find Database under Category scroll down to select Pan African Studies , select All and click on GO. The following databases can be searched one at a time. Those that offer the spyglass, can be searched in simple MetaSearch simple interface, all databases link to the native interface.