Search the Library Catalog - for books, videos, and archival materials that will help you identify informative and persuasive topics. Use the KEYWORD search if you aren't sure of the official Subject Headings for your topic.
Books may be searched in the Library Catalog by author, title, Library of Congress Subject Heading, or keywords.
Keyword searching allows the use of Boolean Logic (AND, OR, NOT) and truncation/wildcards symbols (*, ?, etc.).
For books not held by the Oviatt Library, request an Interlibrary Loan, but allow about 2 weeks.
Some Subject Headings to consider are:
- African American children
- African Americans -- Education
- African American families
- Children of minorities -- Education -- United States
- Race awareness in children
- Prejudices in children
- Teacher-student relationships.
Reference Books -- Need to look up a term or theory?
- Encyclopedia of African American society / Gerald D. Jaynes, general editor. (Reference Room # E185 .E546 2005 )
- Encyclopedia of Black studies / editors Molefi Kete Asante, Ama Mazama. (Reference Room # E185 .E554 2005 )