Be cautious when using information you find on web sites that you located by searching Google, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, Vivisimo, etc. Anyone can make a web page and the information may not be reliable or accurate.
B of A Economic Analysis and Research
Bank of American reports on macroeconomics, specific industries and financial markets; includes a weekly U.S. Economics Calendar, and monthly Economic and Financial Perspectives.
Economic Report of the President
Transmitted to Congress in February of each year; read, download or search; also includes the special report Changing America; 1996 to date, with statistical data available to export 1997 to date.
Global Economics Forum
Daily analysis of current conditions from Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.; requires registration.
Global Economic Prospects and the Developing Countries 2006
The World Bank assessment of current economic conditions and the outlook by region for 2006.
Selected Gov. Agencies with Economic Data
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Census Bureau - Economic Briefing Room
- Council of Economic Advisers - Economic Indicators
- Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED)
- Joint Economic Committee
- White House - Economic Statistics Briefing Room (ESBR)
- White House - Social Statistics Briefing Room (SSBR)
Consumer Price Index/Cost of Living
Consumer Price Index
Consumer Price Indexes
CPI Home Page from the Bureau of Labor Statistics; includes the CPI Inflation Converter which converts from 1980-2000; historical data from 1913; explanations under FAQ Frequency Asked Questions.
Cost of Living Calculator
Computes cost of living changes from 1913 to the present based on the US CPI.
Historic Consumer Price Index, 1800-1998
From the University of Michigan Documents Center, annual CPI from 1800-1912 from Historical Statistics of the United States, 1913-1998 from BLS.
Input a dollar amount and select years from 1800 to 2000 and it will calculate the value based on the Consumer Price Index.
Inflation Conversion Factors
From Robert Sahr, Oregon State, with factors for converting the value of a dollar at each year since 1800 into current dollars.
What is a Dollar Worth?
From the Federal Reserve Bank, Minneapolis to calculate value of dollar between any given year with annual consumer price index back to 1913.
- American Economics Association (AEA)
- Econometric Society
- Economists for Peace and Security (EPS)
- European Economic Association (EEA)
- Financial Management Association International
- National Association for Business Economics (NABE)
- National Association of Economic Educators (NAEE)
- Society for Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics
- Western Economic Association International (WEA)
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- Economic Policy Institute (EPI)
- Economics Research Network (ERN)
- European Union
- Export Import Bank of the US
- InterAmerican Development Bank (IADB)
- International Labor Organization (ILO)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- International Political Economy Network (IPEnet)
- Institute for International Economics (IIE)
- Kiel Institute of World Economics
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD )
- United Nations
- World Bank Group
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
Plagiarism and APA citation style
Remember to cite not only direct quotes, but also other people's ideas. If you paraphrase something, changing a few words to make it sound less like a direct quote, you still have to cite it. If you are uncertain, it is better to cite a source than to be accused of plagiarism for not citing something you should have.
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association, 2001.
Reference Room BF76.7 .P83 2001
Reserve Desk BF76.7 .P83 2001
Floor2 BF76.7 .P83 2001
- APA Formatting and Style Guide by Eric P. Garcia at California State University, Northridge.