Saving Items to E-mail, Print or Download from the Library Catalog
To save items:
- From a multiple item results list, select the checkboxes next to the items you wish to save, then click .
- In an individual record, click .
To export items:
- To e-mail, print or download saved items, click the "View Saved" button.
- Choose an export format:
- "Brief Display" includes publication information only.
- "Full Display" includes location, call number, subject headings, and other descriptive information.
- "End-Note/RefWorks" to export citations for use in EndNote Web, EndNote Desktop, or Refworks.
- Under "Send list to" choose an export method:
- For e-mail: select E-mail and provide a "Mail To" address and subject line
- For printing: select screen (you will use the browser's print function)
- For saving as a text (.txt) file or other file format: select local disk
- Click Submit.
What is Plagiarism?
To plagiarize means to:
- Steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own;
- Use (another's production) without crediting the source;
- Commit literary theft;
- Present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.
(Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary definition of "plagiarize," retrieved June 20, 2005)
How to Cite Articles
- Determine which citation style to use; the two most commonly used at CSUN are MLA and APA. If your professor didn't specify, pick one and use it consistently.
- Check the sample style sheets (MLA or APA) to see what information the article citation should contain and how it should be formatted.
- Be sure to indicate where material you quoted directly or paraphrased came from.
For more information, see Citing Your Sources - Plagiarism.
Citation Formatting Tools
Citation managers are software that keep track of your sources and automatically format your citations in a variety of styles.
- APA Quick Guide (PDF) by Eric Garcia
- APA Style Guide (PDF) by Eric Garcia
- Citing Archival Materials in APA
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (print version)