To find books that deal generally with tests and measurements, or to find books that deal specifically with some of the relatively better-known tests, you may search in the Library Catalog in four ways:
Word Search in the Subject Field
- This type of search is particularly helpful if you are not sure of the exact name of a test, or if you are unsure of the form of the test's name by which it will be cited.
- EXAMPLE: To find information on the WAIS test, inter the term "WAIS test" as a subject word and select enter.
- The catalog will require that you search "Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale" as the proper Subject Heading.
- By contrast, you will get much of the same information by doing any of a variety of "keywords" searches: "WAIS" or "Wechsler Scale" or "Wechsler test" or "Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale," etc.
Subject Word Search:
- You may conduct "subject word" or "subject heading" searches to find books on a specific category of testing, and in some instances, on a specific test (NOTE: When doing a "subject word" or "subject heading" search, it is important to enter your terms exactly as they are found in the Library of Congress subject headings.)
- Examples of subject headings that refer to testing and tests and which can be found in a "Subject Beginning With" search in the Library Catalog:
- behavioral assessment
- educational tests and measurements
- intelligence tests
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory
- personality tests
- psychological tests
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale
- You may merely browse relevant books with call numbers in the library stacks. The call number ranges that deal with this subject are:
- BF39 - BF39.2 (psychometrics)
- BF176 -BF176.5 (psychological tests)
- LB3051 - LB3060 (educational tests & measurements)