The following library and Internet resources are geared toward the research needs of CSUN students taking COMS 435: Rhetoric of Women, COMS 356: Intercultural Communication, COMS 360: Communication and the Sexes, COMS 635: Feminist Perspectives of Communication, or students who have related courses and assignments
- Choosing the best resources to use for research involves several factors, including assignment requirements, currency of the research topic, and the depth of coverage needed.
- Periodicals (magazines, newspapers, trade publications, and scholarly or peer-reviewed journals) are excellent sources of current and/or specific information for research projects. Often, they are considered primary sources for research.
- Additional help with library research techniques can be found on the Oviatt Library's Research Strategies web site.
- Take a virtual tour of the Oviatt Library!
- Use the OneSearch box on the Library home page to search across most of the Library’s article databases and the Library catalog to get started. Watch our video tutorial or read the FAQ to learn more about OneSearch.