- Search box on the Library home page is used to search across most of the Library’s article databases and the Library catalog for books and media. Good for general topics requiring different resources and/or to get started. Watch our video tutorial or read the FAQ to learn more about OneSearch. Note: multiple keywords are searched as if the Boolean "and" was implied between the keywords, unless quotation marks are placed around exact phrases.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)
- Provides full text for nearly 4,600 periodicals, including more than 3,900 full-text peer-reviewed journals. This database offers information in nearly every area of academic study. Allows limiting search results to peer-reviewed scholarly journals.
- Gale Power Search
- Simultaneously access 11 Gale databases to locate magazine articles, academic journal articles, news, reference books, Web sites, and multimedia resources. Includes "Viewpoint" (pro/con) essays and topic overviews on controversial issues from Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center in the "books" results.
Articles in scholarly journals, trade publications, and other periodicalsrelated to journalism, media, Latino issues, and political science be found using specialized library databases, such as those listed below:
- Communication and Mass Media Complete (EBSCO)
- Indexes and abstracts over 600 journals and trade publications; includes full text for over 240 journals. Subjects covered include journalism, public relations, mass media, photojournalism, communication studies, speech, linguistics, communicative disorders, deaf studies, advertising, and related areas of interest to practitioners and educators in these fields. Dates of coverage vary by journal.
- Film & Television Literature Index (EBSCO)
- Indexes over 350 U.S. and international film and television periodicals, including popular magazines, scholarly journals, and trade publications. In addition, selected content is chosen from thousands of additional publications that contain relevant content. Dates of coverage vary.
- Chicano Database (EBSCO)
- Over 54,000 items on Mexican-American and Chicano topics, 1960 - present.
- HAPI Online: Hispanic American Periodicals Index
- Indexes more than 500 key social science and humanities journals published throughout the world. Many of the citations are linked to full text. 1970 - present.
- JSTOR Latin American Studies
- Comprehensive archive of back issues of core scholarly journals in Latin American studies.
- International Political Science Abstracts (EBSCO)
- Indexing and abstracts from over 1,000 of the world's leading journals in political science and related disciplines. Access restricted to 1 user at a time.