You can access eBooks, databases, and other materials remotely.
Access Databases from Off Campus
Only current CSUN students, faculty and staff can access our databases from off campus. To access the databases from off campus, click the name of the database. You will then see a screen asking you to log in, using your CSUN User ID and password (the same ID and password you use to log in to the portal).
Frequently Used Electronic Reference Books
- Britannica Online
- Credo Reference
- Gale Virtual Reference Center -- over 100 encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources.
- Government Reference Sources
- Oxford Art Online (includes Grove Art)
- Oxford Music Online (includes Grove Music)
Literature Resource Center -- provides one-search access to Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism Select, the Dictionary of Literary Biography, and Merriam-Webster's Encyclopedia of Literature.
Supported by a donation from The SAGE Society.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy -- a dynamic encyclopedia in which each author has electronic access to update entries.
- West's Encyclopedia of American Law
- Encyclopedia of the modern Middle East & North Africa
- Encyclopedia Of American Religions
- Sage eReference –- access to over 80 online encyclopedias and handbooks primarily in the social sciences.