The library has many databases, like Credo Reference, that have great information on theatre and can be cited.
Here's an example from Credo.
Frequently Used Electronic Reference Books
- Britannica Online
- Gale Virtual Reference Center -- over 100 encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources.
- Government Reference Sources
- Oxford Art Online (includes Grove Art)
- Oxford Music Online (includes Grove Music)
- Literature Resource Center -- provides one-search access to Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism Select, the Dictionary of Literary Biography, and Merriam-Webster's Encyclopedia of Literature.
Supported by a donation from The SAGE Society.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy -- a dynamic encyclopedia in which each author has electronic access to update entries.
- West's Encyclopedia of American Law
- Encyclopedia of the modern Middle East & North Africa
- Encyclopedia Of American Religions
- Sage eReference –- access to over 80 online encyclopedias and handbooks primarily in the social sciences.
Finding Online Reference Books
View a complete list of Electronic Encyclopedias in the Oviatt Library Catalog
To limit the list by subject or title:
- Click the Modify Search button.
- In the Keyword Search screen, type subject or title words in the second search box (under "encyclopedias").
- Click the Submit Search button. (Note: once you've modified the search, it will list both online and print encyclopedias. You can recognize an online encyclopedia by the [electronic resource] tag after the title.)
Search Credo Reference for online reference sources: