Urban Studies 310 - Growth and Sustainable Development
Your Class Assignment: City Scavenger Hunt
Each student is required to identify two major cities (population over 100,000 or more) that will serve as the subject for this class assignment. Each student is required to bring the work to the following class.
Choose two cities:
- Population over 100,000
- Anywhere in the world
- Choose at least 2 cities to explore.
- Find the population for each city.
- Identify one piece of scholarly literature per city, list references using APA or MLA style for citations..
- Find a map of your city and paste it into your document.
- Identify two signficant comparative advantages for each city.
- What are the major industries in the cities that you chose (List 2 and the proportion of the industry there).
- Write a 1 page summary of the cities that you chose, apprximately 300 words in your cities combined. In other words 150 words per city.
Suggested Library Resources:
American Factfinder: (http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml)
Business and Economics databases (http://library.calstate.edu/northridge/databases/subject/business-economics)
C.I.A. World Factbook (http://suncat.csun.edu/record=b3193108)
Foreign Countries: Country Information (http://library.csun.edu/Guides/GovPubs-World)
GVRL (Gale Virtual Reference Library) which can be found at: http://go.galegroup.com/ps/start.do?p=GVRL&u=csunorthridge
Rand State Statistics at: http://randstatestats.org/