Oviatt Library NIH/NLM Grant
In collaboration with the NIH Office of Research on Women's Health and the National Library of Medicine, Oviatt Library is working on a project with several goals related to women's health and sex and gender differences research:
- Introduce CSUN students, faculty, staff and community to Women's Health Research portal at https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/womenshealth/resources/Pages/default.aspx
- Introduce NIH's tutorials on The Science of Sex and Gender differences in Human Health at http://sexandgendercourse.od.nih.gov/
- build library collections
Project personnel: Mark Stover (Principal Investigator), Dean, Oviatt Library
Anna Fidgeon, Digital Learning Initiatives Librarian
Lynn Lampert, Women & Gender Studies Librarian
Marcia Henry, Health Sciences Librarian
The project includes the following elements:
- Student training: Librarians are presenting the Women's Health Resources Portal and other information resources at orientations and within courses across wide range of disciplines.
- Faculty training and professional development
- Collection building: Purchase new materials (database(s) , videos, books) on women's health and sex differences research. Provide catalog records with metadata identifying funding source.
- Digital learning objects(DLOs) provided by Anna Fidgeon. Please take pre survey, view DLO, take post survey
- Catalog and provide metadata for women's health research and sex differences research
NIH/NLM Grant Acquisitions
NIH/NLM grant purchased many items. Videos, databases, and books. A full listing of our acquired items can be found in this Library Catalog Search.