What's an Annotated Bibliography?
Research Therapy: What's an Annotated Bibliography
This Prezi presentation discussed what an annotated bibliography is and how it is used. Just click through using the arrows at the bottom.
Developing a Search Strategy
Evaluating Sources with CRAAP
Currency - When was it published? For websites, when was the last revision? Does your topic require the most current information?
Relevancy - How well does it relate to your topic? Who is the intended audience? Does this satisfy your information need?
Authority - Who is the author? What are the author's credentials or affiliations? Are they qualified to write on this topic?
Accuracy - Where does the information come from? Is the information supported by evidence? Does the author cite their sources?
Purpose - Is the purpose to inform, sell, entertain or persuade the reader? Is the information fact, opinion or propaganda? Can you identify any bias?
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (print version)
- Sample Style Sheet for APA Bibliographic Citatons (PDF) by Dr. Karin Durán
- Sample APA-Style Annotated Bibliography (PDF) by Dr. Karin Durán
- APA Style Guide (PDF) by Eric Garcia
- APA - Frequently Asked Questions
- Electronic Reference Formats Recommended by the American Psychological Association.
- APA Style Resources
Research Therapy: Evaluating Websites
How to Find Books & Articles with OneSearch
Watch this video to learn how to find books and articles using that big search box in the library's homepage.