What's an Annotated Bibliography?
Research Therapy: What's an Annotated Bibliography
Developing a Search Strategy
Finding Books and Articles
Finding books → check out the Library Catalog
Resources for Computer Science
- Safari Tech Books offers full-text manuals and computer programming e-books
- IEEE is a database providing full-text acces to magazine and journal articles, conference proceedings, along with standards in the fields of science and engineering
- ACM Digital Library offers publications from the Association of Computing Machinery, including magazines, journals, and conference proceedings.
How to Find Books & Articles with OneSearch
Watch this video to learn how to find books and articles using that big search box in the library's homepage.
- APA Quick Guide (PDF) by Eric Garcia
- APA Style Guide (PDF) by Eric Garcia
- Citing Archival Materials in APA
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (print version)
- *NEW MLA Style Guide 8th Edition (PDF) by Jamie Johnson
- MLA Style - Quick Guide 7th Edition (PDF) by Eric Garcia
- MLA Style Guide 7th Edition (PDF) by Eric Garcia
- Citing Archival Materials in MLA
- MLA handbook for writers of research papers 8th Ed (print)
- MLA handbook for writers of research papers 7th Ed (print)
Research Therapy: Evaluating Websites
Evaluating Sources with CRAAP
Currency - When was it published? For websites, when was the last revision? Does your topic require the most current information?
Relevancy - How well does it relate to your topic? Who is the intended audience? Does this satisfy your information need?
Authority - Who is the author? What are the author's credentials or affiliations? Are they qualified to write on this topic?
Accuracy - Where does the information come from? Is the information supported by evidence? Does the author cite their sources?
Purpose - Is the purpose to inform, sell, entertain or persuade the reader? Is the information fact, opinion or propaganda? Can you identify any bias?