The Library Catalog allows patrons to conveniently search for sound recordings, videos and DVDs by title, author, subject and keyword. Searches can be further refined to specific genres and even restricted to details such as actors and directors in feature films.
You can combine multiple search criteria using Advanced Search. For example, to find the BBC production of Macbeth, you could search title for "Macbeth" and any field for "BBC." Using any field will return the greatest number of results (see also How to Use the Library Catalog. Advanced Search. )
- Media type: Use the Optional Limits to limit your search to specific media type. From the Material Type menu, select MUSIC SCORE, VIDEO/FILM, SPOKEN RECORD, SOUND RECORD, COMPUTER FILE, or MIXED MAT.
- Browse Feature Films : for a list of feature films in the library, search "feature films" in any field. Under Optional Limits set the Display results by menu to Alphabetical.
- Browse Genres: Browse feature films as above, specifying the desired genre (e.g. Science Fiction, Adventure, Comedy, etc.) using a second any field search box.
- If the location listed in the individual record is "Media -- Circulation Video or DVD," it is available to be checked out by all patrons the same as a Library book.
- If the location is listed as "Media -- Instructional Video or DVD," it is available to be booked by faculty or staff for classroom showings. Students may check out these programs for three hours to view in the Library only.