The Oviatt Library provides access to computers throughout the building in support of research and learning at California State University, Northridge. Most of the workstations are restricted to current CSUN student, faculty and staff. Visitor stations are clearly marked and may be used by the general public, however priority is given to students, faculty & staff, and those using U.S. and California Government Depository materials when there are no other work stations available.
- The Library manages a 40-station student lab in Sierra Hall 392
- Library Instruction Labs A, B, C: located on the main floor. These computers are available for individual student use whenever a class is not being held.
- Reserves, Periodicals & Microform (fourth floor, east wing). Access is restricted to current CSUN students, faculty & staff.
- Music & Media (second floor, east wing). Access is restricted to current CSUN students, faculty & staff.
- Reference Room computers will be unavailable Summer 2013 due to construction of the Learning Commons
- The Collaboratory has closed to make way for the Learning Resource Center.
- A limited number of Visitor stations are available on each floor at the entrance to the stacks.
Printing is available in Labs A and C, Sierra Hall 392, and Reservers, Periodicals & Microform, and requires the use of a debit card. Debit cards may be purchased at the West Coast Copy office, Oviatt 111D, and from the first floor, Reference Area vending machines.
Laptops & Wireless Access
- Wireless access to the campus network, and the Internet, is available throughout the building. See instructions on how to connect.
- Laptop checkout is temporarily unavailable. Please check back for updates on this service.
The use of these labs is subject to the University Policy for Use of Computing Resources