The Oviatt Library provides access to computers throughout the building in support of research and learning at California State University, Northridge. Most workstations are restricted to current CSUN student, faculty and staff. Visitor stations are located in the "core" area near the escalators on the second, third and fourth floors. However priority is given to students, faculty & staff, and those using U.S. and California Government Depository materials when there are no other work stations available.
- Learning Commons (main floor, core): 52 Windows 7 Desktop PCs, 16 iMacs
- Learning Commons, West (main floor, west wing): 20 Windows 7 Desktop PCs
- Library Instruction Labs A, B, C (main floor, core and west wing): 97 Windows 7 Desktop PCs; available for individual student use whenever a class is not being held.
- Learning Commons Creative Media Studio, West (main floor, west wing): 8 iMacs; for individual student use only through reservation
- Sierra Hall 392: 40 Windows 7 Desktop PCs, for individual student use only
- Reserves, Periodicals & Microform (fourth floor, east wing): 23 Windows 7 Desktop PCs; for individual student use only
- Music & Media (second floor, east wing): 6 Windows 7 Desktop PCs; for individual student use only
- Visitor stations located in the "core" area near the escalators on the second, third and fourth floors now require users to login using a CSUN User ID or temporary PIN, which can be obtained at the Guest Services/Checkout Desk. Read more about Computer Access for Visitors.
76 Windows 7 laptops and 11 Macbook Pros are available for check out at the Learning Commons Technology office
39 iPads are available for checkout at the Learning Commons Technology office
Wireless access to the campus network, and the Internet, is available throughout the building. See instructions on how to connect.
Starting Spring 2015, the Library is offering printing for CSUN students, faculty and staff through Lab Printing @ CSUN. Lab Printing @ CSUN requires no debit card and is available in the following areas:
- Learning Commons: Main and West Wing;
- Library Labs A, B and C;
- Library 2nd, 3rd and 4th Floor Core Areas (near the escalators);
- Reserves, Periodicals & Microform;
- and Sierra Hall 392 Library Lab.
Visitors using the Visitor Stations in the core areas of Floors 2, 3 and 4 can print using a copy/print debit card at the printer on Floor 3, adjacent to the Visitor Stations. Find out more about Computer Access for Visitors.
For more information visit the Library’s “Printing & Photocopying” page.
Use of Library computers, laptops and tablets is subject to the University Policy for Use of Computing Resources