To add a librarian to your course, follow these steps:
- Find the librarian for your subject on the Subject Specialists list on the Library web site.
- From the course homepage, locate the Settings block and select Users > Enrolled users.
- Select the Enroll users button and a small pop-up window displays.
- In the Assign roles pull-down menu, select Librarian.
- At the bottom of the pop-up window, enter the librarian's name or email address and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- The librarian's name displays in the pop-up window. Select the Enroll button next to his/her name.
- Select the Finish enrolling users button at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- The librarian's name displays under the Enrolled users list.
The following link is a short video, showing how to add a librarian to your course: http://screencast.com/t/cb6jcYUbN
When you add a librarian to your course, please contact that librarian and discuss what you would like the librarian to do in your class - it also lets him/her know to start monitoring Moodle, since there isn't an email automatically generated when he/she is added to the class.
Once you add a librarian to your class, the librarian can:
- Answer research/library related questions in a discussion forum
- Create resource pages for your class.
- Perform other tasks that the two of you agree upon.