The library offers study rooms and lockers for faculty, individual students, and group study.
Locked study cubicles are available to faculty who have long-term projects that require easy access to Library materials. These cubicles are shared by two to four faculty members, and may be used to store personal materials and circulating Library materials that are properly checked out. Reference materials and uncharged circulating materials must not be left in faculty study rooms, as they are rendered unavailable and untraceable if they are locked up. When a faculty study room is no longer needed the key should be returned to Circulation.
Study rooms located in the west wing, lower level and on the fourth floor along the north wall, are for use by faculty and graduate students. Inquire at the Circulation Desk for availability and sign-up.
Individual study rooms are located on floors 2, 3 and 4. Please go to the Circulation Desk for availability and sign-out of locked study rooms. Unlocked rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis for individual use.
Group study rooms are located on floors 2, 3 and 4. They are available for check-out at the Circulation Desk on a first-come, first-served basis to groups of CSUN students.
- Group Study Rooms are available for currently enrolled CSUN and CSU students and can be checked out on a first come, first served basis.
- CSUN students have priority use of rooms.
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, Group Study Rooms will remain locked until an eligible group checks out the room.
- Group Study Rooms 212, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 on the 2nd floor are reserved for groups of 2 or more.
- Group Study Rooms 312, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325 on the 3rd floor are reserved for groups of 3 or more.
- Group Study Rooms 412, 420, 421, 424, 425 on the 4th floor are reserved for groups of 3 or more.
- Check-out contract must be signed by all members of the study group..
- CSUN and CSU photo IDs, of the required minimum number of students, are held in the Circulation area for the duration of the check-out period.
- The check-out period is 3 hours.
- Groups may renew the room at the due time, if there is no one waiting.
- Rooms may be checked out upon library opening and up to 1 hour prior to library closing.
- If the number of students falls below the required minimum, for 10 minutes or longer, the room reservation may be cancelled and privileges forfeited.
- Maximum occupancy limits must be adhered to or group study room privileges may be lost.
- Windows are not to be covered or obstructed.
- The lights must be on at all times.
- The entire group will lose Group Study Room privileges if a single member violates the University Code of Conduct or Library Rules of Behavior.
The Oviatt Library has lockers available for currently enrolled CSUN students. They are located at the Northwest corner of the 3rd and 4th floors. Lockers must be checked out at the Circulation desk, 1st floor lobby area and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Combination locks are required and must be provided by the borrower. The loan period is the duration of the current academic year and the locker must be cleared by the last day of the Spring semester finals.
Food, drinks, and library materials that have not been checked out are not allowed in the lockers. The locker door screen may not be covered or intentionally obstructed. Locker inspections are conducted randomly throughout the semester. Violation of the rules may result in a loss of locker privileges. The Oviatt Library is not responsible for the loss or damage of items left inside the lockers.
The PDF resources on this page may require the Adobe Reader.