Welcome to the 2014 fall semester, Matadors! We are happy to see you and hope to provide you with assistance as you acclimate to the new school year. Oviatt librarians are available at our Reference Desk almost every hour we are open. Feel free to stop by; say hello; and get informational support.
We also are planning several fun activities at the Library during the upcoming weeks. The Cited at the Oviatt blog will continue to post about these events so stay tuned for information about an event in late September. However, this week we begin a Banned Books themed Bookmark Artwork Contest that will run until September 10. Current CSUN students have the opportunity to design a one-sided bookmark with a banned books theme. The winner’s design will be printed into bookmarks we will distribute later in September. Submission and guidelines details are listed below. We look forward to receiving your designs!
Rules & Submission Process for Banned Books Week artwork contest:
- All contest entries to be considered must be submitted by noon, Wednesday, September 10, 2014.
- Submissions will be accepted from currently enrolled CSUN students only.
- Submissions will be accepted through an online submission form:
- Students may enter up to five submissions.
- Artwork must have some kind of Banned/Censored books theme.
- Artwork submitted in a format other than the required file types listed on the online submission form will not be considered.
- Artwork submitted must be at least 300 DPI.
- Students agree to allow editing of their artwork to fit on bookmark if necessary.
- Should no submissions be received, no bookmarks will be printed.
- Winner will be selected by Oviatt Library Outreach Committee.
- The Oviatt Library Outreach Committee reserves the right to not select a winner.
- Winner will be confirmed as a CSUN student.
- Winner will be contacted by the Oviatt Library Outreach Committee.
- Ten bookmarks will be set aside to be given to the winner.
A photo will be taken of the winning student with his or her bookmark for the Library blog and may be used digitally and in print for promotional purposes.
Contest questions can be addressed to: email@example.com