Professional Work History
California State University, Northridge. Oviatt Library.
18111 Nordhoff St., Northridge, CA 91330-8328
2011- - Sciences and Social Sciences Librarian
1999-2011 - Chair, Technical Services and Science Librarian
1996-1999 - Sciences Librarian
AT&T Global Information Solutions.
100 N. Sepulveda Blvd., El Segundo, CA 90245
1992-1996 - Library Director
1776 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90407-2138
1980-1992 - Head,Technical Services and Special Projects,
1979-1980 - Head, Cataloging Department,
1978-1979 - Catalog Librarian
University of Southern California, Law Center Library.
University Park, Los Angeles, CA 90071
1975-1978 - Head, Cataloging Department.
M.S.L. 1975 Western Michigan University.
B.A. 1974 California State University, Northridge.
Major: Political Science
Continuing Education Courses include: Developing a Quality Presence on the Web;
Special Libraries Association Middle Management courses, and continuing education
courses and conferences in all aspects of Library and Information Science, Financial
Management, and Computers.
Honors and Awards:
- Special Libraries Association (SLA) Hall of Fame Award Recipient, 2011.
- Distinguished Teaching, Counseling or Librarianship Award, California State University Northridge, 2009.
- Rose Vormelker Award for Mentorship, Special Libraries Association, 2004.
- Candidate for President-Elect, Special Libraries Association, 2002-2003
and 2004-2005 Election.
- Meritorius Service Award, Southern California Chapter, Special Libraries
- Listed in Who's Who in America, 2002 edition.
- Elected to the Special Libraries Association Board of Directors serving as
Division Cabinet Chair and Chair-Elect from 1999-2001.
- Listed in Who's Who in the West, 2000 edition.
- Fellow of the Special Libraries Association(SLA), Awarded in 1998.
- Billie Connor Award for Continous Outstanding Service, Special Libraries Assn.,
So. Calif. Chapter, 1996.
- Distinguished Service Award, Special Libraries Assn, So. Calif. Chapter, 1995.
- Common Bond Award for Commitment to Customer Satisfaction, AT&T Global
Information Solutions, 1995.
- Commitment to Excellence Award, AT&T Global Information Solutions, 1994.
- Dean's List, California State University, Northridge
- American Association of Law Libraries. Grant Recipient, 1977.