- Login using your CSUN User ID and Password.
Create, Edit or Copy a page:
Create new page: Click the Create Content link on the left, then select the template you wish to use:
- Course Guide/Tab: For starting Course Guides
- Course/Subject Guide Block: For creating reusable/shareable blocks of content to use in Course and Subject Guides
- Personal Page: Simple template for anything that's not a Subject Guide or a Course Guide
- Subject Guide/Tab: For starting Subject Guides
- Edit existing page : Click the My Pages and Guides link on the left, then click the page you want to edit. Click the Edit tab at the top.
- Copy existing page: Click the My Pages and Guides link on the left, then click the page you want to copy. Click the Clone tab at the top. The copy will not be saved until you click Save at the bottom of the page. See special instructions for Copying Course Guides and Subject Guides.
- Create new page: Click the Create Content link on the left, then select the template you wish to use:
Create or Edit the page:
- The Title field provides the H1 and the title for the page (so you don't need to add another H1 below)
- Click the Meta Tags link to add or edit keywords and description
Add content to the Body field using FCKEditor, our WYSIWYG editing tool. Here are some tips for copy-and-paste:
- Firefox users: if you are copying/pasting in an Firefox browser, click the button to paste. When the Paste window opens, paste your text in it and click OK. Check your links to make sure they still work.
- Internet Explorer users: if you are copying/pasting in an IE browser, click the button to paste. A dialog will pop up asking you if you want to allow this web page access to you clipboard -- click Don't Allow (yes, this is counterintuitive). Then the Paste window will open: paste your text in it and click OK. Check your links to make sure they still work.
- Microsoft Word users: Use the button to paste content from MS Word. When the Paste from Word box appears, check both "Remove font face definitions" and "Remove Styles definitions." This is not a perfect solution -- there still may be some style clean-up to do because tabs from MS Word will be replaced with spaces, and a few span tags will still be there (the span tags are invisible).
- Select text and choose an option from the Format menu (in the FCKEditor toolbar) to format headings
- Click the icon to add a link.
- Click the icon to add an image. To position the image on the right or left of text, select the image with your mouse, then select ImageFloatLeft or ImageFloatRight from the Style menu.
- HTML code view. Click the button if you want to examine/edit the HTML code in the Body field. NOTE: for security purposes, we are using an HTML filter. This means that you need to use a class rather than a style attribute to change the appearance of a paragraph, list, image, etc. See instructions below.
Page Address. Here is where you can assign the URL for your page. The campus standard format is "CamelCase" for easy recognition (e.g. you could use Resume or PublicationsPapers for a page with that content). Here are some things to keep in mind:
All pages based on the Personal Page template will automatically place the Page Address behind the page owner's user name. For example, if Elizabeth Altman assigns the Page Address "Resume" to a page, the URL will be
All pages based on the Course Guide/Tab or Subject Guide/Tab templates will automatically place the Page Address behind the string "Guides" ("Guides2" until Library a la Carte is taken off line). For example, a page assigned the Page Address "DistanceLearning" will be located at the following URL:
See "Creating a Subject Guide in Drupal" for more details
- Course/Subject Guide Blocks don't need a Page Address (so the field isn't there).
- DO NOT INCLUDE .html IN THE PAGE ADDRESS.
- You can always edit a Page Address, but you have to update all links to the page, just as if you were renaming a file.
TIP: Currently, drupal doesn't REALLY distinguish between upper and lower case.http://library.csun.edu/ealtman/Resume works as well as http://library.csun.edu/ealtman/resume or
http://library.csun.edu/ealtman/resuME to get to the same page.
Therefore: Creating pages with PageAddresses that differ only by upper/lower case combinations will not work.
- All pages based on the Personal Page template will automatically place the Page Address behind the page owner's user name. For example, if Elizabeth Altman assigns the Page Address "Resume" to a page, the URL will be
- Check the boxes to show Contact Information and a Meebo widget (if you've added Meebo to your profile). NOTE: Contact information is automatically displayed for Subject Guides and Course Guides.
- Click Save. The page will automatically publish, but will not show up in a site search if there are no links to it. You can unpublish a page by clicking the Unpublish tab at the top of the page.